Rock Solid Refuge
Restoring Adolescent Lives
POSITION: Youth Care Worker
REPORTING TO: Student Life Director
Rock Solid Refuge is a 12-month, biblically-based residential program for 13 – 18-year-old boys with life-controlling issues. The program encompasses spiritual, academic, and vocational training, equipping students to return to society as responsible citizens. We hold students accountable for honesty, obedience and respect through three primary approaches: Role-modeling, Relational influence and Authority. Rock Solid Refuge is on a farm setting, 34 km northeast of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan.
- Represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer in daily life and counsel. This requires the pursuit of God through interpersonal relationships, accountability, regular church attendance, and consistent personal devotions.
- Supervise and mentor students from wake-up till bedtime during non-school hours.
Shifts: 40 hours per week
- Personal relationship with Christ from an Evangelical point of view
- References attesting to a lifestyle consistent with the Christian faith
- An understanding of integrating the Christian faith when relating to students
- Able to build positive relationships with students and staff
- High school diploma or equivalent; previous youth work experience is an asset
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Capable of physically and emotionally strenuous activity for long periods of time
- Become familiar with the Student Handbook and its application
- Build developmental relationships with students
- May be asked to mentor an assigned student, one-on-one, each week
- Supervise students and ensure their care, welfare, safety and security including times of crisis (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training Provided)
- Maintain reasonable control by holding students accountable for obedience, respect, and honesty
- May be asked to administer and record medications
- Ensure students complete chores, maintain personal hygiene, and fulfill basic program requirements
- Lead/Participate in daily work projects, sports, games, etc.
- Prepare and lead devotionals on occasion
- Maintain proper record keeping and interdepartmental communications
- Possess and carry a cell phone for communication with team members
- Participate in all staff meetings for training, Student reports and debrief sessions
Salary to be negotiated.
Start date: Immediate
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.