Rock Solid Refuge
Restoring Adolescent Lives
If you’re a seasoned Operations Manager looking for a way to make a difference in the lives of troubled youth in a Christian ministry environment, we want to hear from you. Based in a rural setting in south-west Saskatchewan, Rock Solid Refuge is a 12-month, biblically-based live-in program for adolescents with life-controlling issues. This program encompasses spiritual, academic, and life-skills training to equip students to return to society as responsible citizens.
Rock Solid Refuge is a one-of-a-kind program in Canada, providing faith-based guidance and support for the issues teens face in a whole-life environment. Jonas, a Rock Solid intern said “These kids are people society doesn’t care about, they’ve been thrown aside. But they matter. They matter a lot! And God is doing amazing work in their lives.” We are looking for people who have a heart for youth and are looking for a place to use their business and people management skills to support organizational leaders in delivering this exceptional program. Please view this video to get a glimpse into our work:
As the Operations Manager, you’ll be joining the organization at an exciting crossroad of growth and expansion. You will be responsible for two aspects of organizational success:
- managing the Rock Solid leadership team as they deliver programs and organizational support
- supporting the Executive Director in his efforts to strategically grow the ministry
Managing the Leadership Team:
We’re looking for a seasoned organizational leader with experience working in a non-profit environment managing $1.5-2 million dollar budgets. This role requires someone with exceptional leadership and mentoring skills to support 5 program managers and the administrative support team. This includes inspiring and motivating this team toward excellence as well as managing performance and assisting them in leading their teams.
Supporting the ED:
As part of the Director team, your “second in charge” role encompasses acting in the best interests of the organization and representing it effectively in the community. You’ll be successful if you can anticipate the ED’s needs and always be one step ahead. You show initiative and can be counted on to get things done. You are an excellent multi-tasker and a master at keeping many balls in the air. You have above-average problem-solving skills and know when to step in and when to step back.
Skills We’re Looking For:
- big picture thinker
- warm and supportive
- good memory – especially when it comes to people
- organized and efficient
- strategic long-range planning
- high level of professionalism
- experience managing people and large budgets
- Degree in business or management or equivalent experience and education
- Minimum 5 years’ non-profit management experience
- Broad knowledge of or experience in working with troubled youth considered an asset
- Commitment to Christian values and an understanding of integrating the Christian faith in relating to youth
- Completion of relevant background and record checks, including vulnerable sector check
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate why this position attracted your attention and how it is a fit for your skills and experience.
Salary: $60-70k based on education and experience
Start date: Immediately
Application deadline: September 15
Please do not contact Rock Solid Refuge directly. You may direct any questions to email@example.com. We look forward to getting your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.