REPORTING TO: Education Director and the Rock Solid Refuge education team
Rock Solid Refuge is a 12-month, biblically-based residential program for 13 – 18-year-old boys with life-controlling issues. This program encompasses spiritual, academic, and vocational training to equip students to return to society as responsible citizens. Rock Solid Refuge is on a farm setting, 34 km northeast of Shaunavon, Saskatchewan.
- Represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer in daily life and counsel. This requires the pursuit of God through interpersonal relationships, accountability, regular church attendance, and consistent personal devotions.
- Teach from a Christian perspective, adhering to all policies and procedures of Rock Solid Refuge. Under the direct supervision of the Education Director, you will be held accountable to the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education for Curriculum and Administrative Requirements.
- Personal relationship with Christ from an Evangelical point of view
- References attesting to a lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- An understanding of integrating the Christian faith in relating to students
- Complete all bureaucratic requirements from the Ministry of Education
- Attain and develop resources to administer courses complying with Saskatchewan Curriculum
- Together with the Director, communicate with the previous school and parents to assess a new student’s academic level
- Help develop an education plan that will move the student toward an eventual Grade 12 diploma
- Assist in the implementation of policy and procedure and ensure compliance
- Administer and oversee appropriate discipline to students, when required
- Monitor students’ academic progress
- Communicate students’ academic progress to parents
- Participate in education team meetings, providing input, feedback, and support to the team and the ministry
- Other duties as assigned
- Rock Solid Refuge expects the highest level of integrity to furthering the gospel of Jesus Christ
Teaching Certificate required. NVCI and safety training provided by RSR
1622 Shaunavon SK S0N 2M0 ● 306-297-3663 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.