Website Rock Solid Refuge
Are you a professional teacher looking for a way to make a difference in the lives of troubled youth in a Christian ministry environment, we want to hear from you. . Based in a rural setting in south-west Saskatchewan, Rock Solid Refuge is a 12-month, biblically-based live-in program for adolescents with life-controlling issues. This program encompasses spiritual, academic, and life-skills training to equip students to return to society as responsible citizens.
Rock Solid Refuge is a one-of-a-kind program in Canada, providing faith-based guidance and support for the issues teens face in a whole-life environment. Jonas, a Rock Solid intern said “These kids are people society doesn’t care about, they’ve been thrown aside. But they matter. They matter a lot! And God is doing amazing work in their lives.” We are looking for people who have a heart for youth and are looking for a place to use their business and people management skills to support organizational leaders in delivering this exceptional program. Please view this video to get an insight into our work:
As teacher you’ll be responsible to complete all administrative and teaching requirements from the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education. Under the direction of RSR leadership you’ll be working in the classroom, teaching grades 7 through 12 to deliver approved Saskatchewan Ministry of Education curriculum. In addition, you’ll be liaising with parents and previous schools to assess students’ academic levels and develop an education plan that will move them toward a grade 12 diploma. You’ll oversee student academic progress, including applying behavioural consequences when required. You’ll create reports for parents and the School Principal and provide input, feedback and support to the team and the ministry.
Skills We’re Looking For:
· A heart for troubled and hurting teens
· An unflappable nature, calm in the storm
· The ability to create a safe learning environment for the students
· Strong organizational skills to manage the administrative aspects of the role
· Professional A Saskatchewan Teaching Certificate (or the ability to obtain one prior to employment)
· Knowledge and ability in teaching students with various challenges (i.e. ADHD, ODD, PTSD) considered an asset
· Experience working with at-risk youth considered an asset
· Successful completion of all background checks
· Strong, supportive references
· Ability to build strong relationships with young people
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please indicate why this position attracted your attention and how it is a fit for your skills and experience.
Salary: $55-70k based on education and experience
Start date: Mid August
We look forward to getting your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.